It's been quite a journey from small Topeka cafe in 1993 to internationally-renowned coffee roasting company today. We have a lot to be proud of, and even more to be thankful for:
- Time-tested Direct Trade relationships with dedicated coffee producers across Latin America. Their passion for innovating and improving—through good times and bad—inspires us every day.
- Wonderful regulars at our cafes in Topeka and Kansas City over the years.
- Wholesale partners of many shapes and sizes serving our coffees with pride from coast to coast.
- A collaborative and supportive Topeka small business community—cafes, restaurants, cocktail bars, breweries, chocolatiers, artisans, charitable organizations, and more.
And, of course, you: the coffee lovers who keep an eye out for each new release, or obsess over the latest processing innovations, or just love drinking a reliable blend in the morning. You motivate us to source, roast, and serve the best coffee we can find around the globe year after year.
Best of all, we're reaching this milestone with a string of recent successes:
- Coffee Review selected Yemen Haraaz Red Mahal Aqeeq ul Station Natural—from our Blue Label collection—as the No. 1 Coffee of 2022, with a stellar 97-point review.
- Meanwhile, Panama Hacienda Bajo Mono Static Gesha Natural is a 2023 Good Food Awards finalist. Judging in the Coffee category recognizes flavor in tandem with social and environmental responsibility. We most recently won a Good Food Award in 2021 with an heirloom Ethiopian single-origin coffee from a small woman-owned farm in Yirgacheffe.
- Recent press coverage includes a spot on Gear Patrol’s list of the 25 Best Coffee Roasters in America in 2022 and 2021, as well as the title of Food & Wine’s Best Coffee Roaster in Kansas in 2022 and 2019.
- To extend our impact beyond longtime Direct Trade partnerships, we've launched a series of fundraisers for organizations dedicated to fostering positive change in the Topeka community and along the global coffee supply chain with Coffees for a Cause.
We'll keep doing what we love as long as you love the coffee we roast. Thank you for your support over the years!