We're proud to have grown from a small Topeka cafe into an internationally lauded coffee roaster while never losing sight of what's most important: exceptional coffee, lifelong relationships, and the wisdom to appreciate both.
PT’s Coffee Roasting Co. has been recognized for quality by the specialty coffee industry as well as the northeastern Kansas community. These awards and accolades capture the full spectrum of our business operations and include recognition for roasting, our retail environments, and our team of experts:
- In 2009, PT's was named "Roaster of the Year" by Roast Magazine, a respected publication for specialty coffee professionals. Two roasters are awarded each year, and each roaster is eligible to win only once.
- PT's has fielded multiple Good Food Awards finalists and winners in the past decade. In 2021, Tigesit Waqa Natural was a winner and Sudan Rume Natural was a finalist. Hacienda La Esmeralda Mario Natural was a finalist in 2020, and Nano Challa heirloom Ethiopian coffee won in 2013.
- In 2019 and 2021 Gear Patrol named PT's one of the 25 Best Coffee Roasters in America.
- In 2018 and 2019 Food & Wine included PT's in its "Best Coffee in Every State" roundup.
- PT's has received 40 scores of 94 points and above from Coffee Review, the world’s most widely read and influential coffee buying guide. PT's regularly appears on their "Top 30 Coffees of the Year" list, including at #3 in 2019 and at #5 and #12 in 2018. Coffee Review conducts blind, expert cuppings and evaluates coffees in the form of 100-point reviews.
- In 2015 Culturated included PT's on its list of “Best Coffees Around The World”. In 2013, Thrillist recognized PT's as one of the “Top Ten Roasters In The Nation, As Voted By Super Serious Coffee Nerds.” Also in 2013, Complex recognized PT's as one of the “Best Coffee Roasters in The United States."
- Since 2007, PT’s Coffee Roasting Co. has routinely been named “Best of Topeka” in the Specialty/Gourmet Coffee Shop category. This award is given to businesses in Topeka and Northeast Kansas that make our city and state a unique place to live.
- The Daily Meal recognized PT’s at College Hill (est. 2011) as one of America’s Best Coffee Shops in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2018.
- In 2015, PT’s at the Crossroads received second place in the “America’s Best Coffeehouse” regional competition hosted in Chicago. PT’s at the Crossroads was established in 2014 and is located in KCMO's Crossroads Arts District.
- The Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce named PT’s Coffee Roasting Co. the “Small Business of the Year” in 2009.
- PT's has invested in the education and professional development of its staff. In 2007 and 2008, Pete Licata represented our company in the United States Barista Championship, taking second place both years. In 2017, College Hill barista Edward Griffin reached the USBC finals.
~ ~ ~
Browse PT's In the News to read press coverage of PT's. Read Our Story to learn more about the company, or visit our team to learn about the people of PT's.