We are proud to have grown from a tiny Topeka cafe into an internationally lauded coffee roaster while never losing sight of what's most important: exceptional coffee, lifelong relationships, and the wisdom to appreciate both.
PT’s Coffee Roasting Co. has been recognized for quality by the specialty coffee industry as well as the northeastern Kansas community. These awards and accolades capture the full spectrum of our business operations and include recognition for roasting, our retail environments, and our team of experts.
- In 2009, PT's was named "Roaster of the Year" by Roast Magazine, a respected publication for specialty coffee professionals. Two roasters are awarded each year, and each roaster is eligible to win only once.
- In 2013, PT's won a Good Food Award for our Nano Challa heirloom Ethiopian coffee.
- In 2018 and 2019, Food & Wine included PT's in its "Best Coffee in Every State" roundup.
Since 2007, PT’s Coffee Roasting Co. has routinely been named “Best of Topeka” in the Specialty/Gourmet Coffee Shop category. This award is given to businesses in Topeka and Northeast Kansas that make our city and state a unique place to live.
The Daily Meal recognized PT’s at College Hill (est. 2011) as one of America’s Best Coffee Shops in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2018.
In 2015, PT’s at the Crossroads received second place in the “America’s Best Coffeehouse” regional competition hosted in Chicago. PT’s at the Crossroads was established in 2014 and is located in Kansas City, Missouri's Crossroads Arts District.
- PT's has received more than 30 reviews of 94 and above from Coffee Review, which is recognized as the world’s most widely read and influential coffee buying guide. Coffee Review conducts blind, expert cuppings of coffees and report the findings in the form of 100-point reviews.
The Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce awarded PT’s Coffee Roasting Company the “Small Business of the Year” award in 2009.
In 2015 we were recognized on the list of “Best Coffees Around The World” by Culturated. In 2013, Thrillist recognized us as one of the “Top Ten Roasters In The Nation, As Voted By Super Serious Coffee Nerds.” Also in 2013, complex.com recognized us as one of the “Best Coffee Roasters in The United States." In 2010, Oliver Strand wrote a feature about our commitment to quality and diversity in the New York Times.
- PT's has also invested in the education and professional development of our staff. In 2007 and 2008, Pete Licata represented our company in the United States Barista Championship, taking second place both years. In 2017, College Hill barista Edward Griffin reached the USBC finals.
~ ~ ~
Browse PT's In the News to read press coverage of PT's. Read Our Story to learn more about the company, or visit our team to learn about the people of PT's.